How to Care for Your Veil Before the Wedding
CARE INSTRUCTIONS - UPON RECEIVING THE VEIL:
- Upon receiving your veil, carefully take it out of the box, unfold the veil completely and hang it up to soften the wrinkles of the veil after shipping. Check out our tips on removing wrinkles from your bridal veil.
- Try it on with your dress to ensure it is the look that you envisioned. Once you've established that you love how your gown and veil complement each other, it is time to care for your veil
- For shorter veils, fold the comb side over the hanger and allow the entire body of the veil to loosely suspend. You can hold the veil in place with padded clothespins
- For longer veils, keep the veil lying flat or draped over a hanger with as few folds as possible
- Once you have properly hung your veil, place it in a protective storage bag to keep it from getting dusty and shield it from entangling with buttons, scarves, or other bulky items inside the closet
CARE INSTRUCTIONS - FEW DAYS BEFORE WEDDING DAY:
A couple of days before the wedding day, take the veil out to prep it for the big day!
- Unfold the veil completely to let all the wrinkles release, hang the veil (by folding the comb side over the hanger and holding it in place with padded clothespins) on a high rod or door and allow for the entire veil to hang without any folds. If your veil has a blusher, hang the veil by clipping the comb upside down as shown in the picture below
- For light wrinkles, you may wish to hang your veil in the bathroom while running a hot steamy shower and leave in there for about 5 to 10 minutes and wrinkles come out like magic!
- For stubborn wrinkles, use a steamer to gently straighten it out, make sure to caution of any embellishments- these will be fine- they just need a little extra care by letting the veil completely cool before shaking or moving too much)
- DO NOT attempt to iron your veil. You will risk melting the delicate materials it is made from. If the iron is too hot it will melt the material upon first touch
Have other questions about caring for your wedding veil? Contact us!